Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More muffin printie



I was curious to try my new printie out for myself, and here is how it turned out! Since every printer is different, it would be hard to teach you how to do this. I will tell you what I did, and then you can experiment at home. I opened the image up in my image editing software- it is important to open it up somehow- if you print it off the internet it will have that header and footer on it that tells you where it is from, and it will be difficult to move. I opened the image and put it in the middle of an 8 by 10 space, to simulate it being in the middle of a piece of paper. Then I put my paper bag in my printer, right in the middle of the paper stack, so the image would line up where I wanted it. I had to run a few trials to figure out which end to put in and on which side of the bag so that when it went thru the printer it came out correctly. You will have to conduct your own experiment to see what works with your printer. I have a fancy laser printer, and it gave me nice crisp text, but the color didn't want to stick so much. If I could do it again, I might print out a black and white image and color it in later. I have had a lot better success with ink jet printers to print on brown paper. The image isn't as sharp, but the color is better, and it actually gives it a soft fuzzy look. Look for more free printies to come!
If you enjoyed this post
Subscribe to One of a Kind Gifts here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails