Sunday, August 30, 2009

These are a Few of my Favorite Things

As Julie Andrews sang in The Sound of Music,
"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things..."
Well I have to agree that I love getting brown paper packages! When we were little we used to look out the window and wait to see where the UPS man would stop in his big brown truck. It would hardly ever pull into our drive, but the anticipation was always high. When I was shopping for paint one day at Lowe's (http://www.lowes.com/), I stumbled upon the most awesome paper. I'm not even sure what its proper use is, but it is called masking paper. It comes in green and brown and can be used for all sorts of wrapping. Its like my own secret weapon. Its super cheap and with so much paper on the roll it seems to last forever. With the paper simple and easy to work with, I can focus my attention on the ribbon or bow. If I don't have enough money for fancy ribbon - I just use string or raffia - and believe or not - it looks awesome. It also gives a natural, earthy-friendly look to your gift.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to One of a Kind Gifts here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails