Friday, April 9, 2010

Book Covers

I am not a sewer so I am pretty proud that I did this all by myself without a pattern. Granted its super snug on the book so next time I will give myself more margins but you live and you learn. Using scrap fabric left over from my refurbished craft chair project and random ribbon I already had, I came up with this book cover I now use over my scriptures.


Ok I lied about doing it all by myself. I made the "2 minute flower" using the tutorial from Craftaholics Anonymous. SuPeR EaSy! I added velcro and a strip of fabric to keep the book closed.



If you aren't as brave (or stupid) to wing it like I did, there are plenty of book cover tutorials on the net. I was specifically looking for one for lds scripture covers and all I could find was inspiration from sites that sell them like this one. She makes the most darling scripture covers and matching totes to carry them in. Here is a little inspiration for you:


I can't find the other picture I saw but it had a place to put crayons or marking pens on the backside.


If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to One of a Kind Gifts here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails