Thursday, November 26, 2009

Our Heritage


This may not be your cup of tea, but I am one of those 9/12 project tea party maniacs. I think patriotism is an important value to teach our children, so in addition to the PJS bags I am making for my children for Christmas, I am adding a copy of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States. We are going to go through it bit by bit when we have Family Home Evening. Think about it- when was the last time you read the Constitution? School? Ever? I realized that I have never read the whole Constitution, all the way through. I think most Americans could probably tell you what the first few amendments are, and maybe mutter something about Life, Liberty, and Happiness.




I have just felt lately that in order to be a good citizen, I needed to be better educated. Am I an old fart, or what? Any way, over at the Heritage Foundation, you can get nice booklets with the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence for a dollar a piece. And they will even send you a free one if you sign up for some of their other services. Get a few, keep one for yourself, and give away the rest to patriotic Americans on your gift list. A Heritage Foundation membership is 25 bucks, and if you have a Tea Partier on your list- they would probably love it as a gift. (If you think it over, a subscription to whatever your particular giftee likes would make a great gift, subscriptions are usually the first thing to go when someone is trying to budget their finances.) I am very grateful to live in the United States of America, God bless her, and us. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to One of a Kind Gifts here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails