Saturday, January 9, 2010

More Craft Room Organization

So I am thinking about collecting all of my Hobby Lobby and Walmart bags filled with craft stuff and finally organizing them in an unfinished room in my basement. I did some reasearch and found some really awesome craft organization ideas! Since I dabble in a lot of different kinds of crafts, (scrapbooking, sewing, painting, kids craft supplies, etc) I am looking for a way to store it all effectively. I don't have $1,000 to drop on a hutch or big shelving system so here are some of my favorite ideas that are realistic for me that I have found so far:




From Better Homes and Gardens, these jars would be great for storing buttons, small embellishments like eyelets or charms, etc. A great deal: IKEA sells similar jars like these, 3 for $4.00! You could also use old baby food jars.




From One Little Word- I LOVE the idea of hanging your extra fabric scraps on clothes pins. Ronda says: "Above that hangs a clothes line of fabric pieces.  I got this little idea from Better Homes & Garden.  Totally love it hanging up there, again in RAINBOW order.  It is like functional art.  I used some picture hanging hooks and picture frame wiring to make the clothes line.  The fabric hangs from clothes pins but you could use Binder clips as well."




 

How clever to use a peg board to hang all of your tools, ribbons, necklaces, etc. The picture above is from Craft Addict, and the pictures below are from Better Homes and Gardens:






If I ever put anything together I will post an update picture. Do any of you have a craft room? If so I would love to hear how you have organized your craft items.


  
If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to One of a Kind Gifts here!

1 comment:

  1. I saw the first picture and was immediately thinking "aha, a use for all these baby food jars!" and then read a little further and you suggested using them. Not quite as cute as the decorative jar but free and reusing them is better for the environment. See, I'm not cheap, I'm being green! Great ideas, thinks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails