Saturday, February 6, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I decided as one of my many New Year's Resolutions to learn something new every month. So for January I learned how to crochet. My mom taught me a long time ago to make a simple blanket, but I wanted to learn how to read the patterns. After many long hours of trying to figure out what sc2tog and hdc means I think I got it. Here are the results so far:

My kids have loved watching these little guys come to life. The pattern is from Vanna's Choice: Easy Crochet Critters and can be found on Amazon.
Next I am going to try making a scarf. I found this beautiful pattern at Little Slice of Life.

Wish me luck. I am going to need it for this one.

For February I am taking a Pottery Class. I have always wanted to try it. I have had one class and it is so much harder then it looks. We were supposed to be making cylinders...as you can see mine turned out more like a bowl. Hopefully by the end of this month I will be able to show some major improvement and maybe even make a piece that I am proud of.

What are you learning new?


If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to One of a Kind Gifts here!

2 comments:

  1. The scarf will work out great. I work in a yarn shop and have seen it worked up in all different yarns, and it always looks fabulous! Have fun with it and don't be afraid to push forward or rip back as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love Pottery... Okay let me rephrase that you will love Pottery especially if you do not mind having dirty hands.

    My new years resolution has been to collect all those craft kits I have purchased and never done from around the house and complete them.

    so far since December 17th I have done 10... All the little ones.


    I think I have 30 more all bigger to go.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails