Sunday, March 7, 2010

St.Patrick's Day Fun

Now that it is March my thoughts have turned to what traditions I can start with my family for St. Patrick's Day. Here are a few I have decided on:

I want to make this yummy jello recipe that I found at The Food Librarian. It's a mixture of green jello and ice cream. Yummy!

I also want to try having a Leprechaun come visit. I thought he could leave the kids some chocolate gold coins and maybe play some pranks like Green milk? Green toilet water? Green footprints? Trails of shamrock confetti?. He could send the kids on a treasure hunt to find his pot of gold, too.

FamilyFun has a great idea for a Magic Treasure Box. The fun begins with the legend of the leprechauns and leads to a treasure box filled with goodies and gifts. Go to their site for complete instructions.

Also from FamilyFun are these Rainbow Cupcakes.
 
What child wouldn't want to help make these?

One other fun idea is to go around the table at dinner time and have each person tell some way that they feel lucky.

Do you have any fun traditions to share?

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to One of a Kind Gifts here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails