Saturday, September 26, 2009

Men vs. Women

Today is my 4th anniversary and I am again reminded how different men and woman are when it comes to gift giving. I gave my husband a few very thoughtful, though kind of useless gifts. I was going for the sentimental side of things. My husband, however, goes for the "what does my wife need" approach. When I opened my gift and saw that it was a Snuggie, yep, a snuggie...a blanket with sleeves...I laughed because I thought it was a joke. I said "I didn't know people really bought these things", and quickly realized that my husband thought I would love the gift. He said "You are always asking for a blanket at night on the couch and you are always cold, so I thought you would like it."



My husband also got me a lighted magnifying mirror. Now this I actually told him I wanted. But it gave me a gift idea that men could give to their wives. Buy a nice magnifying mirror for your wife's vanity and put a card on it that says "You are so beautiful." That is the best of both worlds...something useful but sweet as can be.





If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to One of a Kind Gifts here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails